Barnabas is looking for some amazing people to join our team. Read about the various employment opportunities available now. For more details or if you would like to apply for any of these roles, please contact [email protected] with your resume.
(Transport provided to and from Keats Island)
Barnabas Landing is a Christian retreat centre situated on Keats Island on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. We provide a restorative space for people to slow down, reflect and reconnect with God and each other.
What You Will Do:
• You will go above and beyond to ensure our guest rooms and common areas are spotlessly clean, made ready and beautiful for our guests.
• You will make sure rooms are stripped, cleaned and the beds remade, ready to welcome new guests.
• You will make sure that each guest common space on property is ready to welcome and invite quests to spend time to relax and restore
• You will assist with laundry, folding and putting away linens.What
You Can Offer:
• An outgoing nature and team oriented
• An eagle eye for detail
• An obsession for neatness and cleanliness
• An appreciation of beautiful spaces
• Able to work happily on your own and be self driven
• Able to work with a sense of urgency
• Able bodied and capable of lifting, carrying and pushing heavy loads
What We Can Offer:
• Casual monthly schedule, with flexible days, including weekends
• Typically 8 to 10 hour days
• Transport to and from Keats Island is provided
• Hourly rate negotiable upon experience
Are you looking for a unique experience before embarking on the next stage of life? Perhaps you are between school and university and looking to expand your horizons, learn and grow in some new and exciting ways!
The Barnabas Placement program is an amazing opportunity to learn about hospitality and retreat ministry, in a context of spiritual community and among a team of dedicated people! You may be involved in all kinds of work, from running our espresso bar and store, to serving our guests in the dining room, working in the kitchen or even washing and fuelling vehicles. There are so many possibilities. Those who join us are paid a monthly stipend over 9 months, September to May with one month off over the Christmas season. On-site housing and food is provided.If you would like to apply, please contact our Operations Director Jonny at [email protected] with your resume.